Women's Support Group
Every Monday morning at 10:00 am.
UCC Women’s Support Group is a peer-led support group for any woman with a loved one who is a caregiver of someone with developmental disabilities. Gain insight from the challenges and successes of others facing similar experiences.
UCC Women’s Support Group is unique because it follows a structured model, ensuring everyone has an opportunity to be heard and to get what they need. It is developed using the same model as AA or Alanon.
• Free of cost to participants
• Designed for adult loved ones of people with developmental disabilities
• Led by family members of people with developmental disabilities
• 60-90 minutes long and meets weekly
• No specific diagnosis is endorsed
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe setting, you can gain hope and develop supportive relationships. This group allows your voice to be heard and provides an opportunity for your personal needs to be met. It encourages empathy, productive discussion, and a sense of community. You'll benefit from other’s experiences, discover your inner strength, and empower yourself by sharing your own experiences in a non-judgmental space.
UCC Women’s Support Group will help you:
• Aim for better coping skills
• Find strength in sharing experiences
• Not judge anyone’s pain
• Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
• Embrace humor as healthy
• Accept that we cannot solve every problem
• Understand that caring for someone with developmental disabilities can cause traumatic experiences
CONTACT MISTY WITH QUESTIONS.